The popularity of E-cigarettes has increased in recent years, especially in teens and adults. According to recent study it is found that 27.5% of high school students used e-cigarettes in high school.
E- cigarette is a way for smokers to quit smoking and the goal of providing e- cigarettes with a healthier alternative to cigarettes is an honourable one. There is a huge difference like how businesses show their products and how the products are actually used by teens and adults.
Teens and young adults who use JUUL brand e-cigarettes are becoming more addictive and as a leading brand of nicotine vaporizers, JUUL seized their opportunity to tap into an underage audience.
The irresponsible marketing and product design of any brands have influenced teens and non-smokers to try nicotine, putting them at risk for addiction and the health issues that follow for a long time.
What is Nicotine ?
Nicotine is a stimulant that is found in products like e-cigarettes, chewing and snorting tobacco. It is a chemical that is naturally found in tobacco plants and it is really addictive that causes many health issues. Many users believe that it is a safer way to consume nicotine than smoking but nicotine in any form can serve many health issues.
Health Effects of Nicotine
If we talk about cigarettes then we all know that cigarettes are bad for your health, so it’s good to use a better alternative. But it’s not the same thing or the reality is that vaporizers deliver even more nicotine than cigarettes, which result in increment in many health risks instead of mitigating them.
When you consider that JUUL products appeal to people who previously had no interest in smoking, you can understand the role they play in turning them into a smoker.
Here are some negative health effects of nicotine include:
- Respiratory problems
- Kidney disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Reproductive issues
- Macular degeneration or vision loss
One thing we should keep in mind that none of these health effects are guaranteed, addiction continues to increase nicotine users’ risks of developing them throughout their lives. The younger you start, the more time there is for continuous nicotine use to have a negative impact on your health.
Reasons why JUUL contributes to addiction in teens:
There are many reasons why adults are becoming more addictive to JUUL e- cigarettes:-
1. Fruity flavours- The use of more and more nicotine made young people more addictive. Many companies banned these types of cigarettes. JUUL claims that the goal is to provide adult smokers with an alternative. But this is not actually true as the amount of nicotine is high on them so it’s not so safe or useful.
JUUL pod flavour option includes:-
- Cool mint
- Fruit Medley
As we know the flavours don’t even exist in regular smokers lives. The intention is to provide a safer smoking alternative but instead they made nicotine more accessible to young people who don’t even smoke.
2. Marketing to youths- That’s so true, JUUL marketing campaigns are heavily active on social media platforms and target people under 18 and they also feature young people in their advertisements that attract more and more adults and youngsters. It is another way to actively influence people for its irresponsible use.
JUUL Labs, may have changed their marketing direction after being caught in the act as well as they know their audience and the results for the same. It is actually true that the unethical marketing problems can result in major health issues.
3. Easily concealed devices- If we talk about JUUL devices, it doesn’t look like vaporizers. For an average non-smoker it is important to find that difference. This device can be easily comparable with a sleek USB flash drive, and the shape also doesn’t remind us of the same. This is the reason or it makes fewer chances for underage users to be caught by their parents, teachers, or other supervisors.
Like the appearance of this product, the lack of smoke is another factor that makes it easy for kids to get away with using JUULs. Here the smell of smoke is a sign that someone is smoking cigarettes, but at the same time less smoke makes it unnoticed.
4. High Nicotine content- When it comes to the amount of nicotine in JUUL, it is higher than in most other e-cigarettes, especially when it is sold in the United States. This is partially because they contain different type of nicotine, which allows users to absorb higher than other products which are made with free-base nicotine. Nicotine is not really good for non-smokers as it can cause many health issues.
Although many other products now come in 5% and 3% nicotine versions, JUUL does not manufacture nicotine-free pods. JUUL consists of nicotine and is not really good for health.
Conclusion-In addition, nicotine in e-cigarettes can still be highly addictive for all and can cause major health issues. A person can easily become addicted to e-cigarettes without trying another substance. Teens are especially very addictive but early treatment can improve outcomes. Lawyer4help understand the problem and also provides the best solution for the same.