Startup entrepreneurs always look for something new that changes the world. If you have been on this page, you may be one of them. So, what about developing a fantasy sports app? Of course, fantasy sports is one of the fastest-growing industries. There is no doubt the market is at boom and has no limit of users for fantasy sports apps.
At the same time, people’s development teams of mobile apps are bringing new concepts and creativity to explore the possibility of this business. So, they provide a great user experience from the fantasy sports apps. Say, for example, football, cricket, and other sports have an open market to enter with the smart app developed.
Fantasy Sports & Mobile Apps:
Without any doubt, you can say these types of apps allow users to create and manage their teams. Some apps also let users transfer their players from one to another teams. Some apps also provide case prizes and rewards for almost every smart user. It encouraged us to write this fantasy sports app guide and let you know what it takes to develop one fantasy sports app. In this tutorial, we will discuss the fantasy sports app, its cost of development, and the time required.
What Should You Know About Fantasy Sports App?
These types of apps let users play their favorite sports and games on the internet. Users are free to create imaginary or real teams of real players. After that, these teams perform based on the real performance of players in the sports and real games. This type of app converts this virtual performance into some points. So, the team manager can close the roster. Then, the league commissioner will calculate the points and manage the leagues. Of course, mobile apps ease this process. So, you have the golden opportunity to enter the fantasy sports app market.
Fantasy Sports Apps Market Size:
Canada and the United States of America have more than 60 million users of fantasy sports. So, we can say the market is booming. This industry is about to cross 9.44 billion by 2024, said Technavio. The following are summarized bulletins to consider for fantasy sports apps and their market.
- The industry has 81% of males and 19% of females as virtual players.
- More than 50% of players are below 18 – 34.
- The average spend of players on Fantasy Sports is almost $556 per head.
- More than 47% of virtual players make more than $75,000.
How Does It Work? A Fantasy Sports App
It works based on the connection established between users and players. Users can play virtually by using their virtual teams. So, they choose the players of their choice. Similarly, fantasy sports apps work to let users play any sport. Say, for example, cricket, hockey, football, or anything. The following is a brief introduction to how fantasy apps work.
- Select Games:- once you start the app, it lets you choose your sports when you submit OTP. It also has some ongoing games and matches to offer.
- Create Team:- in this step, users build their teams of favorite players. It includes the selection of captain, vice-captain, and the vision of the team. Users introduce some disciplines based on the requirements. Similarly, the platform lets virtual players join teams on their own.
- Manage Team:- till the end of the games, users can modify and update their teams. Hence, it lets users track the performance of each player.
- Points & Rewards:- on completion of the game, the manager distributes the rewards according to the team’s performance.
What Are The Features Of Fantasy Sports Apps?
While thinking of mobile app development for fantasy sports, you must know the basic features of these apps. Fantasy apps need two apps, one is for users and the admin app.
Features For Users:
- Register/Log In
- Create and Setup Profile.
- Viewing home screen.
- Navigate through contests.
- Join upcoming contests.
- See live scores.
Features For Admin App:
- Sign Up/Login
- Manage the points and rewards.
- Monitor the transactions and payments.
- Manage teams and players.
- Create and manage contests, players, leagues, and games.
- Approve or Analyze requests and manage notifications.
What Are The Advanced Features Of Fantasy Sports App?
Any apps that use the latest technology in the age of AI, AR, VR, and IoT, need some advanced features. So, if you want to enter the fantasy sports industry, the following features are a must.
- Add payment gateways.
- Include push notifications.
- Integrate GPS, navigation, and location.
- Link social media platforms.
- Chatting tools and email reminders are a must.
- See live scores of real matches.
- Show analytics.
What Is The Design Process Of Fantasy Sports App?
After going through the features, the next thing to know about the fantasy sports app is the design process. Your apps should be smart and robust to provide a better user experience. Each app you are using has a different UI and design, right? Yes, and it applies to the upcoming apps too.
The design of mobile app development is a prime factor to understand. So, keep in mind the following points before/while designing a fantasy sports app.
No users want to pass through hard, difficult, and complex registration processes. Users want easy, simple, smooth, and secure onboarding. So, you must design the registration process simply yet securely. It should not take much time for users to start participating in contests and matches.
Define Real Estate:
Each fantasy sports app uses some sets of information, digits, and data. So, it can let users create their teams, players, play, join games, and earn rewards. Users do it with the help of a smart and easily understandable dashboard. Therefore, the Admin of the apps must only incorporate data and information that is useful for users.
Color Scheme & Aesthetics:
Do you find any app that is boring to navigate and has an irritating user interface? No! Any mobile app development company develops apps based on colors and fonts. It’s the most crucial and influencing part of the design step. The fonts, colors, and appearance will play a big role.
So, it has to be eye-catching, engaging, and peaceful to mind. Thus, it can keep users active on the platform for a long time. So, the developers need to know where to place texts and colors. It helps to avoid the unnecessary stuffing of information or data.
How Does Fantasy Sports App Make Money?
Any mobile app earns money in several ways. So, you can use one of the earnings and models or all to make money through a fantasy sports app. It includes the following ways.
- Running ads on your platform. You can add ad banners for brand awareness.
- Contest fees are a great earning model. You can attract paid users by offering them prizes and rewards.
- You can offer some contests for free and encourage users to stay active. So, they will play again even for paid games.
The Time & Cost Of Fantasy Sports App Development:
Similarly to all apps, the time and cost of fantasy sports mobile app development depend on features and design. The time to develop an app depends on the market study, design, features, and functions. However, the following factors are influencing the cost of fantasy sports apps.
- The platform and complexity of the app.
- Features and third-party API integrations.
- UI/UX, backend, frontend, and the size of the app.
The expertise of the developer, the time spent, and the structure of the app. Generally, the developers take approximately $50 to $150+ per hour development. So, the app development cost can be anywhere between $20,000 to $40,000 or more.
Do you want to enter the fantasy sports industry? If you have any idea to develop your unique fantasy sports app, you can contact a mobile app development company. They are professionals with years of experience and expertise in technology. In this Fantasy Sports App Development Guide, we have discussed everything about fantasy sports apps. It includes main features, revenue models, time to develop, and the cost. We also discuss things to consider before designing a fantasy sports app. If you still have any queries, you can let us know. We will help you out.